* I'm prepping the house for the company Christmas party tomorrow. By "company" I mean me and my critique partners. Hey, any excuse for us to get together and eat, laugh, and read is a good excuse in my book. Hopefully this snow will be cleared from the roads by morning.
* Sometimes it's the little things in life that make me happiest. As you all know, I was cleaning the oven the other day, but couldn't get those racks clean for the life of me. Nothing like baked apple pie drippings and caked on melted cheese and various other greases to make me cranky. So I went online looking for tips and found one that said to put the racks in the bathtub (!!!!), cover with hot water and add dishwasher detergent. Let sit for an hour and with a little rubbing everything will come right off. Okay, it sounded way too easy to be true, but I was desperate. So I did it. And oh my gosh, it worked! My racks are sparkly clean. The bathtub was a mess, but hey, small price to pay.
* Vote for the Naked Hero! Details:
Every year, Writer's Digest magazine publishes a list of the "101 Best Websites for Writers." We work very hard to make The Naked Hero both fun and informative. If you enjoy our site, please vote for us!
It's easy!1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "101 Best Websites" in the subject line.2. In the body of the email, simply write our blog address: http://thenakedhero.com.Feel free to add anything you'd like about why you love TNH!Sending tons of love from The Naked Hero for your continued support and love of archetypes. heroes, heroines, villains, and all things book!
* I'm blogging today over at The Naked Hero about tree toppers. Oh, and it's day 4 of our scavenger hunt. The prize today is a sterling silver floating heart pendant and chain. Very pretty.
* Today I'll be wrapping (I might be the world's worst wrapper), and I'll be getting a little crafty too, for one present in particular. I'm looking forward to that!
Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you.ReplyDelete
I have found one thing a huge antique clawfoot bathtub will not do. Soak oven racks. It's not wide enough to lay them flat!ReplyDelete
Have another fun snow day! And I might beat you as the world worst wrapper. :)ReplyDelete
Dru, busy but productive. Looks like we got about 8" of snow. It's so pretty!ReplyDelete
Shel, if I had that tub no racks would touch it! You could probably get a big flat plastic storage tub. You know, if you're desperate too. :)
LOL, Linda! We could have a wrap-off! I try really hard to make it look nice and neat but no-go!