One of the few reality shows I don't watch is TLC's 18 Kids and Counting, featuring the Duggar family. I've seen the family on the Today show before, so I knew who they were, but never tuned in on TLC.
Yesterday, as I was checking email, I saw AOL had a piece on Michelle Duggar's parenting tips. Well, as I'm not one to pass up a parenting tip (are we ever too old for them?) I clicked on the story.
While I didn't need the potty training tips anymore (thank heavens), there were these five rules that the family lives by. The rules struck a chord with me.
1. Always use soft words, even when you don't feel well.
2. Always display kind actions, even if you have been mistreated.
3. Show joyful attitudes even when no one is looking.
4. Have sincere motives with no thought of self-gain.
5. Never let the sun go down on your wrath; don't go to bed angry or guilty.
Personally, I need to work on number 5. I'm horrible at that. And number 3 too. Who can't use more joy in their lives? Anyway, I'm sharing with hopes they might strike a chord with someone else, too... And maybe, MAYBE, I should tune in one night. Just as, you know, a thank you.